Re: multi-precision: not yet released -- already copied ?

From: CdeMills
Subject: Re: multi-precision: not yet released -- already copied ?
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 13:30:31 -0700 (PDT)

c.-2 wrote
> I don't know the guy, but form googling a bit it seems his full name is
> Petr Krysl and his code is meant to be distributed along with his book [1]
> on "numerical algorithms for engineers".
> c.
>
> [1]
> http://hogwarts.ucsd.edu/~pkrysl/se131/Resources/aetna-book-2012-hypertext.pdf

He appears to be professor at the Univ. of California, San Diego.

I would like to send him an E-Mail, what do other maintainers think about
this text:

"Dear Prof. Krysl,

you did include, in your page "Aetna,  An Engineer's Toolkit of Numerical
Algorithms" (http://https://code.google.com/p/aetna/), code taken from
ongoing work on octave-forge, namelly the multi-precision toolbox.

This code is WIP, being converted from a toolbox developped under MatLab,
and still contains a few rough edges and bugs.
I appreciate that other peoples find this toolbox usefull, nevertheless,
could you:
1) give credit to the original author, Ben Barrowes, the Octave maintainers
communauty, and myself;
2) state in your repository that it is a clone of
https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/multi-precision/
3) maintain your repository in sync with ours in order not to distribute
buggy or outdated code;
4) agree on sending to the multi-precision maintainers bug reports and
improvements

Regards

Pascal Dupuis, multi-precision maintainer as octave-forge package"

Advices ? Suggestions ?

Regards

Pascal