Re: gui-release branch created; classdef branch merged to default and cl

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: gui-release branch created; classdef branch merged to default and closed
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 15:26:00 -0500

On Thu, 2013-12-05 at 12:26 -0500, John W. Eaton wrote:
> I have created the gui-release branch, merged classdef with stable, and
> closed the classdef branch.
>
> I also merged stable with gui-release and then merged gui-release with
> default so everything should be up to date.  The gui-release branch
> (what will become the 4.0 release with the GUI as the default
> interface) should have all the changes from stable and the default
> branch should have all those changes plus any that have been made on
> the gui-default branch.

Rik backed out a few changes that were on default that shouldn't
go on gui-release. Since merging that back into default would
bring those backouts back into default, I have made a dummy merge:

http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/TipsAndTricks#Keep_.22My.22_or_.22Their.22_files_when_doing_a_merge

This will make sure those backouts don't come back into default with future
merges. If we need to back out more default things on gui-release,
another dummy merge will be necessary. Let's not do this a lot,
because otherwise things will get complicated. From now on, the
changes on gui-release should be a strict subset of those on default.

> The rules for what goes on each branch are roughly
[snip]
> This information should probably go on a developer's info page on
> the wiki.

Done:

    http://wiki.octave.org/Roadmap

- Jordi G. H.