Re: [RFC] Integrating High-precision arithmetic into Octave Core ?

From: CdeMills
Subject: Re: [RFC] Integrating High-precision arithmetic into Octave Core ?
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 08:55:32 -0700 (PDT)

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2 wrote
> On Fri, 2014-03-21 at 05:10 -0700, fgnievinski wrote:
>> Of course, you can implement any of its methods in C/C++.
>
> Please, no C/C++. Just C++.

Jordi,

MPFR IS C. There are (at least) two C++ interfaces, but maintained outside
MPFR. If we choose one of them and  its development later stops, this will
become hard from a maintenance perspective. In my opinion, it is simpler  to
encapsulate ourself MPFR directly. One less layer; one less source of
issues.

Regards

Pascal