Re: ESA SOCIS 2014 - Agora website

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: ESA SOCIS 2014 - Agora website
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 14:00:41 -0400

On Wed, 2014-05-14 at 18:01 +0200, Pedro Gaudêncio wrote:

> I'm a Computer Science student from University of Evora, Portugal. I found
> "Finishing the Agora website" project idea interesting and I want to know
> more details.

Hi. Welcome.

> I understood that there are already some ratings and comments
> modules working on the production website; about the comments, the
> purpose would be adding the threads?

A bigger priority is to make sure that the bundle upload works.
There's some intricacies with it related to how it handles celery.
What happens if celery isn't running when you upload? What happens if
celery dies during an upload?

Can you get a local copy of Agora running and handle bundle uploads?

> My main area of interest is programming, I'm very comfortable with web
> development and database design. Some background:

Personally, I don't care too much about your CV. The best way to judge
your abilities would be by code submissions.

Here is an easy fix: the snippets currently are generated with a
secret id. Can you fix it so that secret ids can't collide? As I
recall, this is still an open bug.

- Jordi G. H.