Re: For loop benchmarks between Octave versions

From: PrasannaKumar Muralidharan
Subject: Re: For loop benchmarks between Octave versions
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 22:48:22 +0530

> Thanks for working on this issue.  Since this was just a merge of code it
> is most likely that the changeset which caused the problem is still
> backwards in time on either the stable or development branch.  Maybe follow
> Mercurial's guidance and continue with 'hg bisect --extend' to see if it
> can locate it.

Trying this but having some issues (explained below). Any help will be
appreciated.

> I see that the parent revision of the merge was 16089 which was just a
> changeset to tag the 3.6.4 release which was itself 16088.  Since we know
> that 3.6.4 had an acceptable running time, the problem changeset is likely
> to be on the development branch.

I tried "hg bisect --extend" as hg suggested. The revision 16065 is
the next version to be checked. But I am not able to compile it, error
is "cannot find oct-parse.h". Don't know how to skip this revision.
"hg bisect --extend --skip" does not work. It will be great if someone
can help me in skipping this revision.

Thanks and Regards,
PrasannaKumar