Re: For loop benchmarks between Octave versions

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: For loop benchmarks between Octave versions
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 15:32:03 +0200

Le 17/06/2014 17:11, Julien Bect a écrit :
I don't much like having to manually match up new/delete, so I'd rather see that go inside a constructor/destructor pair. Done properly and with inlining, I don't see why it would be inefficient and perhaps we could eliminate the BEGIN/END macros?

I try that right now.

John,

As you know, using a constructor/destructor pair is actually what the BEGIN/END macros currently do. I have tried improving this constructor/destructor approach with inlining, but couldn't get a significant improvement in this direction. Perhaps didn't I try hard enough...

The alternative approach with new/delete (the one that you don't like), which provides for me something like 20% in speed improvement, is still the best that I could find so far...

@all : is anybody working on this issue right now ? did anybody manage to get better results that the one obtained with my new/delete patch ?

Julien