Octave Interpreter

From: Manu Kaul
Subject: Octave Interpreter
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 21:31:11 +0200

Hi All,
I was wondering whether Octave has an equivalent that works on large-scale distributed machines?
If not, would such a project be of any importance to the Octave community? I would like to build an
"Octave-like" front end on top of a distributed setup for large scale ML algorithms to be implemented
by ML practitioners. As opposed, to how its currently done in projects like GraphLab.
For this I would need some directions/pointers as to how I can build a compiler for such a language.
Does anyone here have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Manu