Re: Octave Interpreter

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: Octave Interpreter
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2014 18:29:21 +0100

On 2014-10-01 21:16, Bipin Mathew wrote:

<snip>

  All this being said, perhaps someone more familiar with the source
code could comment on how easy / impossible such a thing would be
given the current state of Octave? In terms of your direct question of
how you can build a compiler for Octave, I believe a good place to
start is to look at the lex/yacc grammar files:

octave/libinterp/parse-tree/lex.ll
octave/libinterp/parse-tree/oct-parse.yy

I'm honestly not entirely sure I understand the question: What
additional support in terms of language support is needed to provide a
"distributed Octave" ?

     Stefan

Making 'parfor' loops work with actual parallel pools might be what is meant:

http://www.mathworks.co.uk/help/distcomp/parfor.html

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.