Re: in-tree builds and recursive make invocations

From: Rik
Subject: Re: in-tree builds and recursive make invocations
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 08:31:24 -0700

On 07/16/2015 07:27 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 07/15/2015 05:43 PM, Rik wrote:
>
>> Changing the build system always produces hiccups for a while, but it seems
>> to be quieting down now.  The 'maintainer-clean' target now works for me,
>> 'dist' is still failing.  Should we be reporting things on the mailing list
>> or do prefer new build-related issues on Savannah?
>
> The bug tracker might be better at this point.
>
> Running make dist in a VPATH build seems to work for me.  I'm checking
> out a source tree build now.  Can you post details about the failure you
> are seeing?

I've file a bug report to track it at
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?45564.

This is an in-tree build from a fresh clone of the Mercurial source tree
using cset 20355:e365a34a1c5c.  The final error message is:

make: *** No rule to make target `libinterp/Makefile.in', needed by
`distdir'.  Stop.

--Rik