Re: Re: octave-4.0.1-installer-w64-3

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Re: octave-4.0.1-installer-w64-3
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 23:15:56 +0900 (JST)

--- julien
> Le 15/04/2016 03:41, Tatsuro MATSUOKA a écrit :
> > I have upload 64 bit binaries of octave-4.0.1 for windows (release 3).
> > http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Win/
> >
> > Release 3 fixes the issue the JRE(Java Runtime Environment) detection on 64
> > bit
> > environments of installer.
>
> Hi Tatsuro, hi all,
>
> Just curious : why not distribute such 64 bits binaries along with the
> 32 bits binaries on the official FTP
>
> https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave/windows/ ?

I also would like to know the reason why the official site does not distribute
64bit binary for windows.

However, the GPL allows to distribute binary under its license. I decided to
distribute unofficial 64bit binary for windows under their license.

I hope that my unofficial 64bit binary is helpful to find the issues spcific to
64bit architecture  and also hope that my activation leads to the release of
the official 64 bit binary.

Tatsuro