Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin

From: Abhinav Tripathi
Subject: Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 16:57:18 +0530

> Those are included in the octave directory. You should not use outside libraries.
> Perhaps using external (lapack, GraphickMagik, ...) will cause conflict in the future.

Ohk. I saw that the dlls are present in octave_dev/bin
But the include/GraphicsMagik has no header files! There were a few other files though.
Although I could not try it with that. I'll try and post the results in a few hours.

> I do no know the Pytave build system so that I cannot tell you what should be done in detail.
> Octave build system has configure options that use external libraries at non-standard place like
>
> --with-java-homedir=/c/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/Java/jdk1.8.0_91/bin \
> --with-java-includedir=/c/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/Java/jdk1.8.0_91/include \
> --with-java-libdir=/c/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/Java/jdk1.8.0_91/lib
>
> (The above is example to use the oracle JAVA jdk for octave for windows.)
>
> Does such configure options not exit on Pytave?

As far as I know, only a few options are supported. I'll try to get it to work using LDFLAGS.

> Tatsuro

Abhinav