Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin

From: Abhinav Tripathi
Subject: Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 11:06:34 +0530

Did the pytave configure give any errors or warnings, everything in the
summary at the end looked like it was detected and correct?

Yes, it gave a warning that 'uselocale' is not supported on this platform.
Except that everything else in the summary looked correct.

These are likely coming from the interaction between libtool and the
lib*.la files that appear to be part of the Windows binary distribution.
In short, libtool libraries install themselves plus a little helper
shell script that stores details about the library, including installed
location and dependencies. These are a hint, strictly unnecessary, and I
usually delete them first thing because they tend to cause more problems
than they solve, in my humble experience.

Try deleting the liboct*.la files and see if that helps.

--
mike

Thanks, deleting the liboct*.la files helped. I now get some errors about some libraries (lapack, GraphickMagik, ...) not found. I'll install them and try again.

Or edit liboct*.la the below part

# Directory that this library needs to be installed in:
libdir='/usr/lib/octave/4.1.0+'
# Directory that this library needs to be installed in:
libdir='/e/octave_dev/lib/octave/4.1.0+'

Tatsuro

I tried to change this line in all the 3 liboct*.la files but didn't work. Although I didn't get the warning about files being moved. But the error was still there. And sed was still looking into /usr/lib.
.
.
Abhinav