Re: octave forge packages on a mac

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: octave forge packages on a mac
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 12:32:12 -0700

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 12:08:39 -0700, Lazy_Tom wrote:
> /Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/usr/bin/gfortran -c -fPIC -O
> cash/mebdfdae.f -o cash/mebdfdae.o
> /var/folders/gd/5pzpr3s979vbtdwyb0sy2rd00000gn/T//ccAopI3S.s:6371:suffix or
> operands invalid for `movq'
[…]

LMGTFY, seems to be a common error on macOS systems that may point to a
conflict between xcode and homebrew, or between homebrew and macports,
or related.

I have no idea why or how to fix it, but maybe the macOS resident
experts here can help you figure out what is wrong with your system
configuration.

AFAIK the dmg is built using homebrew, so installing packages (which
usually means compiling code, as in this case) may require a compilation
environment that is compatible with homebrew.

--
mike