Re: Anyone in Europe willing to host OctConf 2016 ?

From: c.
Subject: Re: Anyone in Europe willing to host OctConf 2016 ?
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 17:49:21 +0100

On 30 Jan 2017, at 16:55, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 3:29 PM, edmund ronald <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, there may have been excessive discretion here ...
>> Anyway, CERN in the spring sounds like a very nice idea. I hope we get to
>> visit the sights :)
>>
>> Edmund
>> ᐧ

>>> Why not asking? I have reserved the month waiting for the answer to this
>>> issue.
>>>

> Dear all,
>
> It seems this thread has been going on outside of the mailing list.
> Carnë informed today on IRC that "everything is booked[at CERN] for
> the end of March but nothing else has been done".

Indeed, it seems the local organizers had booked the room but were expecting
us to do the official announcement and event organization.

So volunteers to take care of this are urgently sought, the dates set are
March 20 to 22 2017.

> It seems we need to move fast.
>
> @Sebastian or @JordiGH: Would it be possible to get a checklist from
> you, describing the organizational steps you took?
> (or anybody else with experience in organizing OctConf or similar meeting)

Here are the links to the pages that were set-up for previous editions of
OctConf that may serve as an example:

[1] http://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2012
[2] http://www2.mate.polimi.it/ocs/?cf=42
[3] http://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2013
[4] http://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2014
[5] http://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2015

> I am a simple guy, I would be worried of getting access to food,
> internet and then giving some guidelines on where to stay and how to
> get to the venue. Maybe I am missing something important.
>
> Thanks

c.