Re: Octave on Windows with large arrays ?

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Octave on Windows with large arrays ?
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 10:14:25 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

> From: John W. Eaton
> To: "tmacchant; Julien Bect ; "octave-maintainers
> Date: 2017/3/18, Sat 04:21
> Subject: Re: Octave on Windows with large arrays ?
>
> On 03/17/2017 01:04 PM, address@hidden wrote:
>
>>  As written in the thead, --enrable-fortran-int64 is configure option of
> mxe- octave.
>
> Sorry, I missed that part.
>
> Yes, because now it is possible to build the development version of Octave
> with
> support for 64-bit indexing and still use 32-bit indexing in the BLAS and
> other
> libraries, we need to control the type of index used for those libraries
> separately from whether Octave uses 64-bit indexing.  Sorry for the
> confusion,
> most likely due to not having a separate mxe-octave branch for building
> stable
> Octave.  OTOH, I'm not sure we really want to add that complexity.
>
> At first I was surprised that Octave was successfully configured with
> --enable-64 when the libraries are using 32-bit indexing, but then I
> remembered
> that this is a cross build, so we can't run the program that is necessary to
> detect that problem.  So we have to trust that the options have been selected
> correctly.  Sorry.
>
> jwe

Sorry for late reply.

I understand the situation.
I rebuild octave-4.2.1 for windows with large arrays with
--enable-fortran-int64 for mxe-octave.

This time __run_test_suite__ works with out hang. (3 FAIL exist, tolerance and
round off? issue?)

Thanks for detailed and comprehensive explanation.

Tatsuro