Re: Segfaults during production of documentation

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Segfaults during production of documentation
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2018 23:27:52 -0600

On 01/07/2018 11:02 PM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:
On Sun, Jan 7, 2018 at 10:55 PM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
[snip]
    ​Scaling looks fine. I do run make as:

    LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib64/libGLX_mesa.so.0
    ​make -j8​

    The old ​crashed due to​ bad GL required restarting the make. Now it
    just goes through.

    Dmitri.
--

​OK I was able to get plot windows to some funny state by shrinking it first to 0 (so no plot area is visible)
and then *quickly​* stretching it out. So it is not perfected yet...

That's a known bug:

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=52398

Please try again to produce a black background, in particular the FLTK terminal. After creating the plot, keep dragging the lower right corner around for 30 s. It seems about every seven or eight seconds there is a black background.

Now that I try Qt graphics toolkit again, maybe the Qt g.t. terminal is not flashing to a black background. It's only the outside edges that appear black as the window is expanded. But the refresh on the graphics routines should not be so slow that the black edges are so noticeable. The Qt graphics is going directly to the OpenGL routines. gnuplot I could understand being slower because there is a lot going on between its refresh...but gnuplot is pretty responsive.

Just speculation, but I wonder if there was some graphics bug for which the solution was to introduce a delay in the refresh, and maybe in offline mode there is no delay and the bug is re-emerging?

Dan