Re: [octave forge] control: support Octave >3.0.0?

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: [octave forge] control: support Octave >3.0.0?
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 11:01:17 -0500

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 6:50 PM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 08, 2018 at 15:07:37 -0500, Doug Stewart wrote:
> fwiw    I see the same 12 fails with control-3.0.0
>
> inst/ltimodels.m: 12 tests fail
>
> so that problem has been here a long time.
> I think we can release and I will fix them latter.

You can have a look at https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?45008,
this test failure has been discussed and known for some time. If the
tests fail with OpenBLAS due to a sign difference, but pass when using
the reference BLAS library, then it's #45008.

--
mike

---

Thank you Mike.

Olaf, with this info I am more confident that we should go ahead with the release.
I also am inclined to mark these as known errors, with the explanation that mike has given.
I will repeat this in bug #45008

Doug