om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] Default Open Window When Adding Patch

From: Dave Robillard
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] Default Open Window When Adding Patch
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:08:46 -0400 (EDT)

Esben Stien wrote:
>It would be nice, when adding a new patch, that om_gtk doesn't start a
>new window until you hit visible. Maybe a setting.

Hmm.  I did this intentionally.  Loaded patches (or patches that
existed in the engine when you connect) don't show up, but patches
explicitly created by the user (ie "new" patches) show up.

I thought that new users might get confused when they create a patch
and nothing happens.

Thought this might be different in CVS as well.  I think maybe the last
release shows /every/ new patch?  That's definitely bad.

I'm not sure about showing new patches or not though.  Why create a
patch if you're not going to do anything inside of it yet?

-DR-