om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] "note allocation scheme" with polyphony = 1

From: Dave Robillard
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] "note allocation scheme" with polyphony = 1
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:24:32 -0400 (EDT)

Atte André Jensen wrote:

>> So what I suggest is that these four different ways of working are
added
>> to the "Om patch note input node".
>
>What do you think about this, Dave? For me it would make a huge
>difference...

I don't know about the four different ways.. that would require a
control port to select which method is used, but there's no real way of
having enumerations so you can tell which method you're actually using
(it'd just be some meaningless number).

I suppose I could make it voodoo, ie a 'configuration' thing, not part
of a node.  I guess a configuration system of some variety is due one
of these days, come to think of it.

Anyway, /for the time being/, I'll just fix it to be latest note (which
I think is best), or maybe a slightly more clever tweak thereof (ie
never steal the lowest note, which is always a good trick).

I'll take a look into all the voice allocation stuff as soon as I get
back to my computer and can actually run Om.

-DR-