om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] using om live

From: Atte André Jensen
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] using om live
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 13:48:22 +0200

Dave Robillard wrote:

If you want to "replace" a patch, the inputs and outputs would have to
be exactly the same.  What are the chances of that?

One could make sure of that...

Another way to go was autoconnect to some input/output...

Yes, some kind of "program change" like support is needed.  My goal has
always been for Om to be a realtime system, above all else, so now I
need to start building in those handy features to make it a useful
performance instrument.

The question is:  how?

Exactly, let's keep thinking/talking about it, and maybe others can join in...

The way ams works is not ideal IMHO. It let's you store snapshots of controllable parameters and program change betwen them. But it's still the same modules and the same wireing...

I recently learned about LASH:

http://lash-audio-session-handler.org/

I'm not sure how it works, and if it could be used to solve (part of) the problem in question. But it's objective is promissing indeed...

Om isn't just one instrument, it's an environment in which many
instruments (or whatever) can exist at the same time.  That makes things
a bit more complicated. :/

Sure, but maybe that could be turned into an advantage...

--
  .''`.  Peace, love & harmony
 : :' :  Atte