om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] dssi questions

From: Dave Robillard
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] dssi questions
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:57:11 +1000

On Tue, 2005-16-08 at 12:05 +0200, Florian Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> two questions regarding DSSI support in om:
>
> a] dssi.h says:
>
> "
>      * Calls to configure() are not automated as timed events.
>      * Instead, a host should remember the last value associated with
>      * each key passed to configure() during a given session for a
>      * given plugin instance, and should call configure() with the
>      * correct value for each key the next time it instantiates the
>      * "same" plugin instance, for example on reloading a project in
> "
>
> om seems to only remember the very last configure key/value pair, not
> the last values for each distinct configure key.

Hm.  I'll look into it.  Admittedly I havn't put that much effort into
making sure my DSSI implementation adheres perfectly to the standard.  I
don't really use any DSSI's at the moment myself so I don't notice these
things.

> b] should om_gtk show a generic gui for DSSI's that do not have a GUI? I
> mean a DSSI can have control input ports, too. It would be awesome to be
> able to set them (for testing purposes, i will write a GUI for the DSSI
> in question as soon as everything works as expected (like it doesn't
> segfault anymore or lock up my box. my DSSI that is)). This is low prio
> though as i can simulate the same thing by simply putting a
> CR+CR-in/CR-out sum in front of it (and setting the in's approprately).

This should be easy, I'll put it in right now.  I've been meaning to
make that 0.1.2 release already, but Savannah is being retarded, so one
more feature can't hurt.

> Ah and a last question (not really related):
>
> Is there a LADSPA plugin that has audio in/audio out and control in. The
> control in should be a latency (in frames) by which the audio signal is
> delayed before sending it to audio out.

There is an "artificial latency" plugin, but it takes ms, not frames.
It would be easy enough to take that (or any delay plugin, really), and
munge it to get what you want.. omins! :)

-DR-