om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] Double free or corruption crashes

From: Benjamin Flaming
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] Double free or corruption crashes
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 01:12:54 -0500

On Thursday 13 July 2006 10:52 pm, Dave Robillard wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 12:40 -0500, Benjamin Flaming wrote:
> > I finally got around to building Om (CVS) again.  It compiles without
> > complaint, and the engine seems to start just fine:

> > Enhanced3DNow! detected
> > [AlsaMidiDriver] Successfully opened ALSA sequencer.
> > [OSC] Started OSC server at osc.udp://bdesk:16180/
> > [PreProcessor] Launching thread.
> > [PostProcessor] Starting.
> > lash_open_socket: could not connect to host 'localhost', service 'lash'
> > lash_comm_connect_to_server: could not create server connection
> > lash_init: could not connect to server 'localhost' - disabling LASH
> > lash_init: LASH_START_SERVER unset, not attempting to start server
> > automatically
> > [LashDriver] Failed to connect to LASH.  Session management will not
> > function.
> >
> > Attempting to launch om_gtk produces the following output, however:

> > [GladeFactory] Loading widgets from
> > /home/benji/32bit/share/om/om_gtk.glade [Configuration] Unable to open
> > settings file /home/benji/.omgtkrc lash_open_socket: could not connect
> > to host 'localhost', service 'lash' lash_comm_connect_to_server: could
> > not create server connection lash_init: could not connect to server
> > 'localhost' - disabling LASH lash_init: LASH_START_SERVER unset, not
> > attempting to start server automatically
> > [LashController] Failed to connect to LASH.  Session management will
> > not function.
> > [OSCController] Started OSC listener on port 15992
> > [OSCController] Attaching to engine at osc.udp://bdesk:16180/
> > *** glibc detected *** om_gtk: double free or corruption (out):
> > 0xb70f91c8
>
> IIRC this is caused by an old version of liblo (though the "how" part is
> beyond me).
>
> What version do you have?

Thanks for the reply.  I tried to provide all relevant version numbers
(including liblo) at the bottom of my initial message.  Here they are
again, for your convenience:

distro: Gentoo (~x86)
gcc: 3.4.6
glibc: 2.4-r2
--> liblo: 0.23
jack: 0.100.7-r2
gtkmm: 2.8.3
libglademm: 2.6.2
flowcanvas: CVS
libxml2: 2.6.23-r1

Version 0.23 is the newest release available from sf.net.  The release date
is 2006-27-01.  When I get some time, I'll try to link Om against an SVN
build of liblo, and report my results.  I'd welcome additional suggestions.