om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] Double free or corruption crashes

From: Dave Robillard
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] Double free or corruption crashes
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:18:27 -0400

On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 01:12 -0500, Benjamin Flaming wrote:
> On Thursday 13 July 2006 10:52 pm, Dave Robillard wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 12:40 -0500, Benjamin Flaming wrote:
> > > I finally got around to building Om (CVS) again.  It compiles without
> > > complaint, and the engine seems to start just fine:

> > > Enhanced3DNow! detected
> > > [AlsaMidiDriver] Successfully opened ALSA sequencer.
> > > [OSC] Started OSC server at osc.udp://bdesk:16180/
> > > [PreProcessor] Launching thread.
> > > [PostProcessor] Starting.
> > > lash_open_socket: could not connect to host 'localhost', service 'lash'
> > > lash_comm_connect_to_server: could not create server connection
> > > lash_init: could not connect to server 'localhost' - disabling LASH
> > > lash_init: LASH_START_SERVER unset, not attempting to start server
> > > automatically
> > > [LashDriver] Failed to connect to LASH.  Session management will not
> > > function.
> > >
> > > Attempting to launch om_gtk produces the following output, however:

> > > [GladeFactory] Loading widgets from
> > > /home/benji/32bit/share/om/om_gtk.glade [Configuration] Unable to open
> > > settings file /home/benji/.omgtkrc lash_open_socket: could not connect
> > > to host 'localhost', service 'lash' lash_comm_connect_to_server: could
> > > not create server connection lash_init: could not connect to server
> > > 'localhost' - disabling LASH lash_init: LASH_START_SERVER unset, not
> > > attempting to start server automatically
> > > [LashController] Failed to connect to LASH.  Session management will
> > > not function.
> > > [OSCController] Started OSC listener on port 15992
> > > [OSCController] Attaching to engine at osc.udp://bdesk:16180/
> > > *** glibc detected *** om_gtk: double free or corruption (out):
> > > 0xb70f91c8
> >
> > IIRC this is caused by an old version of liblo (though the "how" part is
> > beyond me).
> >
> > What version do you have?
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I tried to provide all relevant version numbers
> (including liblo) at the bottom of my initial message.  Here they are
> again, for your convenience:

Heh, whoops.  I glazed over it and couldn't find them, sorry :)

I remember this happening to someone, but I don't remember why.  Pretty
sure it was some kind of liblo version thing.  Maybe try 0.22?  That's
what I happen to have on my laptop at the moment...  That
lo_send_message_from function that was in the backtrace is new as of
0.23

-DR-