om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] Double free or corruption crashes

From: Benjamin Flaming
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] Double free or corruption crashes
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 21:24:32 -0500

On Tuesday 18 July 2006 8:55 pm, Dave Robillard wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 14:30 -0500, Benjamin Flaming wrote:
> > [OSCController] Attaching to engine at osc.udp://bdesk:16180/
>
> That bdesk bit is suspicious.  It should be using localhost...
>
> You can put bdesk into /etc/hosts (mapped to 127.0.0.1), or make om_gtk
> use "localhost".  It's not working because it's not resolving because
> your networking setup is screwy somehow, that's for certain.

That's done it.  After adding bdesk to the 127.0.0.1 line in /etc/hosts, Om
appears to run just fine with liblo 0.23.

Just for the record, "bdesk" is the hostname of this machine (Benji's
desktop).  Under Slackware, the netconfig script automatically added the
hostname to /etc/hosts.  Apparently, I missed a step or two during Gentoo
network setup.

Thanks a million for the help (and the synth)!