Re: [Openexr-devel] Long Channel Names

From: Charles Henrich
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Long Channel Names
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:18:59 -0700

> What are typical examples of channel names longer than 32 characters?
>
> Here at ILM, channel names are all rather short (for example, "R", "Z", or
> "N.001.x").  As far as I know, in the three years or so, since we started
> using OpenEXR, nobody here has ever complained about the limited length of
> channel names.  To me, the assertion that long channel names are common, is
> rather surprising.

Hmm I dont think they're common, but they do happen.  Its more of a situation
of why impose a limit when one isnt necessary?  But in my case I've seen
channel names like fglandrovermattes.leftmirror  which isnt all that far from
32, close enough to be scary :)

-Crh

       Charles Henrich           Digital Domain          address@hidden

                         http://www.sigbus.com/~henrich