Re: [Openexr-devel] one (stupid) question

From: Lutz Latta
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] one (stupid) question
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 01:03:20 +0100

Hi Tensor,
there are some floating point environment maps by Paul Debevec at
http://www.debevec.org/Probes that you could use. They are however in the HDR
image format. You can convert these to raw float images with the free (for
non-commercial use) program HDRShop on the same site. Use the OpenEXR
float-to-half conversion routines, if you want the image data in 16-bit float.
Alternatively, I think CinePaint (http://cinepaint.sourceforge.net) can both
handle HDR and OpenEXR and can do the float conversions.

Hope this helps,
  Lutz

Tensor G wrote:

hi all,
i took a look of your awesome work! My congrats, those sample pics are really good. I'd like to import a exr image into an opengl app and use it as a skybox (so actually i'd need 6 images :) ). I would like to use such images actually to lit my scene in a natural and dynamic way. My problem is: where i may find an exr pircture I can use to make my tests???? Anyone tried to bind it into an opengl app?
Thank you 4 the help. Tensor