Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR usage survey

From: Christophe Lorenz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR usage survey
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 10:10:14 +0200

We have designed a color grading software named Coloris that uses OpenEXR as input/output (among others) and does all processes in half16 on the GPU.

Usual realtime color grading features... pans&scan, primaries, secondaries, shapes, keyframable stuff...  plus some funny stuff like programmable pipeline, keying and special effects.

I must say that the half16 format is really great for image manipulation. You can really do crazy stuff without loosing a bit....
And with OpenEXR format, we can now keep all that fun on disk with minimal disk usage ;-)

Chris.

Drew Hess wrote:
Hi all,

I'd like to take another informal survey of OpenEXR usage.  If you're
currently using OpenEXR in production, or if you have a software
application that supports it, I'd appreciate it if you would let me
know.

Florian and I will keep all the information confidential unless we get
your specific permission to disclose it to a wider audience.

thanks!