[Openexr-devel] Slow deep exr

From: Gonzalo Garramuño
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Slow deep exr
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 10:01:08 -0300

Hi. I have a user of my viewer, who is dealing with some big deep exrs (360Mb-2Gb deep scanlines) generated by Arnold. He currently is not loading the deep data, but just the beauty picture. The problem is that it takes about 2-3 seconds for the beauty image to be read. It seems the OpenEXR reader must skip to the beauty section and in a GB image, this takes some noticeable time.

I was wondering:

1) Will saving as a Deep Tile image help?

2) Is there a way for the deep data to be saved at the end of the image, instead of (as I am guessing), at the beginning of the image.

Here is a sample image:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByB8hk3_J5VZNDU2SXRjTWMtWm8

Thanks in advance,

--