Re: [Openexr-devel] Slow deep exr

From: Thorsten Kaufmann
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Slow deep exr
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 14:37:52 +0000

Hey Gonzalo,

deep and flat do not live in different parts of the file. It is essentially the same data. With deep files each sample for every pixel in every channel is saved separately

whereas in flat the samples are merged into a single pixel in every channel.

I have seen people do things like saving a flat beauty and deep “other” channels like position or the likes, but that does not really make much sense to me.

My guess would be that you’d have to write a separate non-deep version of the EXR if you want to be able to choose.

Cheers,

Thorsten

---
Thorsten Kaufmann
Production Pipeline Architect

Mackevision Medien Design GmbH
Forststraße 7
70174 Stuttgart

T +49 711 93 30 48 661
F +49 711 93 30 48 90
M +49 151 19 55 55 02

address@hidden
www.mackevision.com

Geschäftsführer: Armin Pohl, Joachim Lincke, Jens Pohl
HRB 243735 Amtsgericht Stuttgart

---
MOTIONBOX: New film packages available (offer valid until June 30th)
SHOWREEL: Watch our latest Showreel 2017
ISO 9001: Mackevision is certified according to ISO 9001:2015