openexr-user

[Openexr-user] openexr images in SpeedGrade

From: ahauser
Subject: [Openexr-user] openexr images in SpeedGrade
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:38:50 +1100

HI,
I am using Speedgrade and am currently looking into the benefits of using
openexr within our workflow of DI Feature Films and Broadcast HD Projects.

I have a few queries.

# I downloaded the 'Openexr images' folder and have been trying to achieve the
same results with the 'Table.exr' file as seen as a sample on the openexr
website. The sample seems to suggest you can pull the image down a number of
stops to bring back detial into the Whites. Within Speedgrade I cannot pull
anywhere near as much detail out of the whites. I can lift quite an amazing
amout of detail out of the blacks.
Should I be seeing this kind of manipulation avaliable from the downloaded file.

# Are any 2k or 4k film scanners Supporting native openexr recording?

# are any HD 444 capture cards supporting native openexr Record and Playback?

# Does anyone have any test image sequences in 1k or 2k that I can test?

Kind regards,

Adrian Hauser
iRiS
Australia