openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] missing half.h?

From: David Doria
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] missing half.h?
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 18:03:47 -0400

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 5:20 PM, David Doria <address@hidden> wrote:
> When trying to compile OpenEXR, I am getting:
> /home/ddoria/src/openexr-1.7.0/IlmImf/b44ExpLogTable.cpp:52:18: error:
> half.h: No such file or directory
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

I guess all I had to do was install IlmBase 1.0.2. Shouldn't the
'configure' script check for this?

When building OpenEXR, it complained that memset was not defined, so I
had to add #include <cstring> to OpenEXR/ImathMatrix.

Then memcpy was not defined in exrenvmap/blurImage.cpp which could
again be fixed with: #include <cstring>

I am on Ubuntu 11.4 with g++ 4.5.2-8ubuntu4.

I hope these includes can be added so that the next person does not
run into the same problems.

David