openexr-user

[Openexr-user] Missing Cg for Viewers, was: missing half.h?

From: Bill Elswick
Subject: [Openexr-user] Missing Cg for Viewers, was: missing half.h?
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 16:12:42 -0700

At 03:03 PM 7/7/2011, David Doria wrote:
When building OpenEXR, it complained that memset was not defined, so I
had to add #include <cstring> to OpenEXR/ImathMatrix.

Then memcpy was not defined in exrenvmap/blurImage.cpp which could
again be fixed with: #include <cstring>

We just ran into these two same problems, in our case the solution was to #include <string.h> which seemed reasonable since memset and memcpy are C library functions. This is on Ubuntu 10.04.02

Does anyone know what version or package of Cg is required to make openexr_viewers? Configure can't find it and unfortunately it does not indicate specifically what is needed. We installed the NVidia Cg Toolkit Installer from the Ubuntu repo and ran it, and it seems to have worked, but the configure script still says it can't find Cg.

Thanks,
--Bill