RE: [Openvds-devel] Control Panels

From: Marcos Rubinstein
Subject: RE: [Openvds-devel] Control Panels
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 15:41:08 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, rick oneil wrote:

)
> will log in to this much the way the webadmin 1.4.5 is setup, using apache
> mod_auth_mysql directives and the main user database being setup on mysql.

there is where my main objection resides... I rather *not*
have a database driven administration program!... yes, I
know, in large "farms" could speed up the process.. but I'm
a minimalist!... ;)

my credo is that of the KISS (KepItSimple...). I do like
administration interfaces that are light and that do not
require much to set up!

this said... I still think that the best would be to develop
several user interfaces!... at least at this stage of the
game.

In any case it will be the community of users who will
finally decide which of the interfaces should be the
"official" for OpenVds, if any.

In the meanwhile (or perhaps forever ;), I think that the
best would be to "package" openvds with all of the
interfaces... and a simple "readme" where each of the
UI development teams explain their interface!

And as long as you talk about RaQ... true, their interface
is very nice... but at least with the Raq2 that I was
"forced" to work with... I felt like in a straight
jacket! (and again... the OS have been heavily tweak to be
able to "comply" with the interface, and not the other way
around).

Questions:

1.- do you (you meaning all of you that are reading this)
feel that we need to start a separate mailing list for
"OpenVds administrative Gui"?

2.- can we all agree that the "main" administrative
interface for openVds is the Command Line?

Cheers!

Marcos