Re: [Openvds-devel] iptables

From: jimmy
Subject: Re: [Openvds-devel] iptables
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:06:10 +0100

Hi,

am [Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:45:16 -0000] schrieb "Tim Sellar" <address@hidden> :

> Just an update that the issue with iptables is not being ignored. However,
> we have been concentrating on removing the need for iptables by getting
> Apache to run securely on port 80.... Details as soon as the testing is
> completed..

hmm, if this would cause loosing the possibility to install new, generic
apaches than I would really, really prefer the iptables version.

Everyone should become familiar with iptables a little bit, because of
security and traffic measurement issues. Bringing iptables away wouldn't
help noone on the long run.

regards

jimmy