Re: [Openvds-devel] iptables

From: Urivan Saaib
Subject: Re: [Openvds-devel] iptables
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 05:34:24 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

>> Just an update that the issue with iptables is not being ignored. However,
>> we have been concentrating on removing the need for iptables by getting
>> Apache to run securely on port 80.... Details as soon as the testing is
>> completed..
>
> hmm, if this would cause loosing the possibility to install new, generic
> apaches than I would really, really prefer the iptables version.

I'll follow a path where standard commands and system features will be
used.

In which system layer you guys are testing this new 'feature' ?

> Everyone should become familiar with iptables a little bit, because of
> security and traffic measurement issues. Bringing iptables away wouldn't
> help noone on the long run.

totally agree... by now i think this is the safest way to do it, and
installing iptables into the hosting server doesnt hurt.

Regards,
Urivan Saaib
Presidente
CiberNET Mexico