Re[4]: [Openvds-devel] w,who, quotas on non-ac patched kernels and linux

From: Eje Gustafsson
Subject: Re[4]: [Openvds-devel] w,who, quotas on non-ac patched kernels and linux-2.5
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 11:27:48 -0600

Hello Lev,

LVV> [The sender might be a spam source. Using strange e-mail routing.]

LVV>  3 Январь 2002 19:01, Вы написали:
>> Sounds like your quota isn't enabled on that disk system.
>> What does repquota -a show ?
LVV> quota enabled (usrquota, grpquota in fstab), kernel support enabled
LVV> and quotaon (with previous quotacheck)
LVV> repquota shows nothing

If reqquota shows nothing quota isn't properly enabled.
address@hidden /root]# repquota -a
*** Report for user quotas on device /dev/hda1
Block grace time: 7days; Inode grace time: 7days
                        Block limits                File limits
User            used    soft    hard  grace    used  soft  hard  grace
root      -- 1285320       0       0          69814     0     0
bin       --     256       0       0             10     0     0
daemon    --       8       0       0              3     0     0
macahan   --   16968       0       0            441     0     0
ducttape  --    1488       0       0             84     0     0
xfs       --       4       0       0              2     0     0
#1001     --      20       0       0              2     0     0
apache    --       8       0       0              4     0     0
ldap      --       8       0       0              2     0     0
named     --      24       0       0              6     0     0
postgres  --      24       0       0              7     0     0
mysql     --       8       0       0              2     0     0
rpcuser   --      16       0       0              4     0     0
ident     --       4       0       0              1     0     0

This is what I get on a system I enabled quota but no user have any
quota on it.
this is from my fstab
address@hidden /root]# cat /etc/fstab
LABEL=/                 /                       ext2    usrquota,defaults
 1 1

this is from the mtab there you see that I got usrquota enabled on the
mounted system. Check to make sure you have it in there on your
filesystem.
address@hidden /root]# cat /etc/mtab
/dev/hda1 / ext2 rw,usrquota 0 0

Also to get the quota files in this case the /aquota.user I ran
quotacheck -am
then after that repquota showed the thing about..
This is on the REAL server not inside a VS.

Quota has to be enabled on the real server for it to work in the VS's.

Hope this help!