Re[6]: [Openvds-devel] w,who, quotas on non-ac patched kernels and linux

From: Eje Gustafsson
Subject: Re[6]: [Openvds-devel] w,who, quotas on non-ac patched kernels and linux-2.5
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 14:16:14 -0600

I seen simular error messages before when vsdadm has problems to
connect to the server due to name problems.

What happens if you do the same thing but use titan2 only instead of
titan2.mirotel.net

I had simular problem but it was with ANYTHING I tried to do to a VS
through the vsdadm script until I got the names correctly.

vsd is VERY picky on names :(
However it seems like if you fix your /etc/hosts file
127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx         titan2.mirotel.net    titan2
xxx.xxx.xxx.yyy         start2.fqdn           start2

It takes care of a lot of your problems like these.

LVV> [The sender might be a spam source. Using strange e-mail routing.]

>> > Quotas works on hosting server, but doesn't into VS.
>>
>> You should use the svsdadm utility from the hosting server to set the
>> quotas in the virtuals....
LVV> address@hidden remedy]# svsdadm quota_userset titan2.mirotel.net start2
admin
LVV> 25M
LVV> error: -ERR Could not get user quota stats
LVV> address@hidden remedy]# svsdadm quota_userset titan2.mirotel.net start2
admin
LVV> +25M
LVV> error: -ERR Could not get user quota stats

Best regards,
 Eje Gustafsson                       mailto:address@hidden
---
The Family Entertainment Network      http://www.fament.com
Phone : 620-231-7777                  Fax   : 620-231-4066
eBay UserID : macahan
          - Your fulltime professionals -