Re: [Openvds-devel] Control Panel for OpenVDS-2

From: Joe Cooper
Subject: Re: [Openvds-devel] Control Panel for OpenVDS-2
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:51:38 -0600

That one probably doesn't need much think time for anyone who has used LinuxConf...

My vote is Webmin. Webmin has the other advantage of being written in an easy to modify language rather than C (the first being that it has had only a few reports of mutilating config files and never modifies things that it isn't specifically configuring--LinuxConf, on the other hand, breaks stuff as par for the course and mutates every file it can get its paws on...personal impression here, maybe it has gotten much better in the year since I last played with it).

Dave Cost wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a nice control panel for the upcoming freevds-2.

Basically, the choice is between webmin and linuxconf-web

I think webmin is somewhat more complete and it seems to support more
modules, but I would like your opinion too. Of cource, we'll be able to
install anything we want in openvds-2, but I would like to provide a good
staring point ;-)

Dave.

--
Joe Cooper <address@hidden>