Re: [Openvds-devel] Control Panel for OpenVDS-2

From: Eje Gustafsson
Subject: Re: [Openvds-devel] Control Panel for OpenVDS-2
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 17:05:23 -0600

Hmm now doesn't that sounds bitching.. How can I help out making this
happen ?
Also something to keep in mind probably is that one probably want to
keep somewhat access over apache/sendmail so that you don't sell a
$99/mo virtual server and someone setup and in their turn sell
shitload of virtual domains.

My first freevsd server is live since a while back and I'm moving the
remaining of my linux domains on this machine.  Today I miss a good
control panel. I setup vsdadm so the customers that is on it can add
users and fix virtual domains easier.
But as for my admin part of it there is a ton of things to do to just
add 1 domain. First add the domain. Then bevs into the virtual server
set password, fix mysql db password, fix phpmyadmin, fix this and
that. So getting ready to write myself something to automate a lot of
these tasks. But I hate to see it being "wasted" development time for
something that will not be used in 2-3 months or something like that.
I don't know much php or perl. However I written asp and C/C++ stuff
before. I worked a bit with mysql (repairing databases, importing
databases, and lot of adminsitrative tasks like that and doing so I
also learned quite a bit of sql commands to create tables/update
tables select specific items from tables not to mention you need today
to do pure sql commands to add users and domains to vsdadm).

However I decided if I was going to maybe start do something here I
better learn php so I picked up a book about it the other day. And off
I go.. -lol-
I have one wish that is that webmin used php because php is SOOO much
faster then perl. (ever seen the difference between vbb and ubb ? or
anything else that is written in php respectivly perl).