[Openvds-devel] Running mnogo search on FreeVSD

From: Tim Hewitt
Subject: [Openvds-devel] Running mnogo search on FreeVSD
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 17:15:59 -0500

I've come up with a workaround for using mnogo search, formerly
UDMSearch, with FreeVSD, however it required a code change and I'm not
happy with it.  It would be much nicer if there was some way to do this
with an alias directive or something in the mnogo config file, but so
far I'm not happy with what you can do in the config file..

Anyway, in case anyone is interested, here's the code change needed to
get this to work on local FreeVSD virtual private server configurations.

The code to change is in parseurl.c

Change these two lines:

if(!strcasecmp(url->schema,"http"))url->default_port=80;
if(!strcasecmp(url->schema,"https"))url->default_port=443;

To this:

if(!strcasecmp(url->schema,"http"))url->default_port=8080;
if(!strcasecmp(url->schema,"https"))url->default_port=8443;

This will break any indexing you do off of the site, but it does allow
indexing within a FreeVSD site.

-t