openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] Gentoo ebuild (was: how can I help?)

From: J. Gordon Wolfe
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Gentoo ebuild (was: how can I help?)
Date: 07 Sep 2003 22:27:39 -0400

On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 20:50, Ryan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm attempting to install openvortex for the first time. Before I work
> through all the details, I was just curious if anyone had a cvs ebuild for
> Gentoo. Thanks.

If there is, I've never seen it.  Building from the source tree is
pretty straightforward though.  Just ./configure --with-cards=au8830 &&
make install.  Oh, and emerge alsa-lib.  And you'll probably want to
fake emerge alsa-driver so it won't overwrite the drivers you just
compiled, but other than that there's no tricks.

Hmm... now you've got me thinking though.  Maybe I'll make an ebuild
just to see if I can do it.

 - Gordon

--
J. Gordon Wolfe <address@hidden>