openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] Gentoo ebuild (was: how can I help?)

From: Ryan
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Gentoo ebuild (was: how can I help?)
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 09:03:22 -0400 (EDT)

> On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 20:50, Ryan wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm attempting to install openvortex for the first time. Before I work
through all the details, I was just curious if anyone had a cvs ebuild
for
>> Gentoo. Thanks.
>
> If there is, I've never seen it.  Building from the source tree is
pretty straightforward though.  Just ./configure --with-cards=au8830 &&
make install.  Oh, and emerge alsa-lib.  And you'll probably want to
fake emerge alsa-driver so it won't overwrite the drivers you just
compiled, but other than that there's no tricks.

> Hmm... now you've got me thinking though.  Maybe I'll make an ebuild
just to see if I can do it.

>  - Gordon

<snip>

Well, I wrote a simple ebuild based on the cvs eclass and it appears to
compile correctly, but I'm having trouble. Depmod reports that the
snd-au8830.o module can't resolve dependencies for various functions.
Here's the errors:

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r2/kernel/sound/pci/au88x0/snd-au8830.o
depmod:         snd_ac97_read_Rfaba39c9
depmod:         snd_ac97_write_cache_Ra8628301
depmod:         snd_ac97_mixer_R5e7caaeb

How do I get it to compile the ac97 stuff? It looks like it's not doing it
right now for me.

Ryan
address@hidden