openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] Call for ALSA patch submit

From: Jeff Muizelaar
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Call for ALSA patch submit
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 23:30:52 -0400

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:14:42PM -0400, Manuel Jander wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to send a patch to the ALSA list so that our driver can be part
> of linux-2.6 someday. Is there any outstanding bug that needs to be
> fixed ?

I say go for it. There was some code cleanup I wanted to do, but I have
been very busy lately, and haven't been able to get to it. I don't think
that it is any thing that should hold up submission into alsa. From an
external standpoint things look very nice, and work well. I think it is
certainly a good idea to expand our user base as much as possible. This
will help iron out any corner cases, and potentially create more bug
reports which at this point is a good thing.

I would also personally like to thank Manual for all the work he has
done to make this project get as far as it has.

Thanks,

-Jeff