openvortex-dev

[Openvortex-dev] Status of Manuel's patches and openvortex development s

From: Alexey Morozov
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] Status of Manuel's patches and openvortex development status
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 20:15:30 +0700

Hi!

It seems that the latest Manuel Jander's patch against ALSA source tree (aureal-2.6.6.diff.gz) taken from its aureal patches page is somewhat outdated (at least for alsa-drivers-1.0.6a). It looks like most parts of that patch are included into ALSA source tree, but one thing (well, looking important, at least for me ;-)) is still missing there. So my question is: should I try to edit the patch and try to apply missing parts or they're are reduntant?

vortex_adbdma_resetup from au88x0_core.c and its invocation in snd_vortex_pcm_trigger from au88x0_pcm.c and declaration in au88x0.h seem to be missing in the 1.0.6a.

Also it's unclear for me if keeping vortex "QUAD" status in a member variable "isquad", which initialized at startup (as it's done in aureal-quadfix.patch), is more preferrable than runtime calculation in VORTEX_IS_QUAD macro (upstream variant).

And what about other patches published in this list?

Yours, respectfully,
Alexey Morozov.

Respectively