pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] ATTN CVS users: branching for 0.12 maintenance

From: Christophe Lambin
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] ATTN CVS users: branching for 0.12 maintenance
Date: 20 Jun 2002 23:26:50 +0200

On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 23:08, Bas Mevissen wrote:

> Little correction (and upgraded to 0.12fix :-) ):
>
> cd ~/cvs/pan-0.12fix
> cvs -z3 update -r pan-0-12-fix -APd

I'm no CVS wizard. :)  But I don't believe you need to specify the '-r
pan-0-12-fix' on an update:  the checkout marks the active branch in the
.CVS files, so it's automatically used on updates.

FYI, my CVS update script consists mainly of:

        MNT=~clambin/devel/CVS/pan
        DIRS="pan-devel pan-fix pan"
        cd $MNT
        for DIR in $DIRS $UPD_DIRS; do
                ( cd $DIR && cvs update -APd && make )
        done

This just updates the three trees I always have checked out (one for
development, one synced with HEAD and one synced with the fix branch).
No automatic checkouts or anything. I'm lazy. :)

Regards,
Christophe