pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Race condition in queue.c::queue_run_what_we_can()

From: K. Haley
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Race condition in queue.c::queue_run_what_we_can()
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 16:03:01 -0600

Calin A. Culianu wrote:

Is there a reason for omitting this mutex lock/unlock?

If it turns out locking isn't a bad idea (which I would argue it isn't),
how do I go about submitting this sourcecode change to the cvs tree? Should I just send a patch to this mailing list? Does anyone want to
review this change?  I think it's a worthwhile stability fix..
The best thing to do is to submit a bug report to http://bugzilla.gnome.org . You can then attach your patch to the report so it won't get lost. If you want, you can post a message here with a link to the report for anyone interested. Whether or not it gets applied is up to the devs.