pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Compile errors on 0.13.2

From: John J. LeMay Jr.
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Compile errors on 0.13.2
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 11:29:19 -0500

** Reply to message from Charles Kerr <address@hidden> on Sat, 9 Nov
2002 07:03:39 -0800

> However, I hadn't heard of Xig before... is it a free competitor to XFree86?

You may have heard of "AcceleratedX" - their X product has been known by that
name for a while. Definitely not free, but worth the cost as far as I am
concerned to get decent looking fonts and a nice speed increase. Regardless of
what I did with XFree 4.x her eon Mandrake fonts never looked as decent as my
Windows machines. Now they are at least as nice. Much more pleasant to work
with.

Xig's demos are available and the only limit is that X will only run for 25
minutes. Long enough to get a feel for it.

Anyhow, I didn't really want to make this thread a commercial for the product.
I'm just much more satisfied with the look and feel of the enviro now that I
have it.

--
John LeMay
Senior Enterprise Consultant