pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Mandrake 9.0 RPM also works for Mandrake 8.2

From: John LeMay
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Mandrake 9.0 RPM also works for Mandrake 8.2
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 18:29:13 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Gollum wrote:

> Just like the previous version, the 0.13.2.90 RPM for Mandrake 9.0
> also works on Mandrake 8.2, at least here.  I use the version with
> spellchecking.

I expected as much, but didn't have a chance to test it out.

> I suggest symlinking/copying the 9.0 folder to one for 8.2, like
> last time.

We should probably also update the download page showing rpm's available
for 0.13.2 on LM82. Right now that page still shows 0.13.1 as the latest
for 8.2, IIRC.

> BTW, Mandrake Cooker already has an 0.13.2.90 RPM, still without
> spellchecking I presume.

Wow, that was quick.

By the way Gollum, do you have a LM9.0 box up yet (or does anyone else
that is interested in packaging)? I'm considering bailing
on Mandrake in favor of another distro, but I want to make sure there
would be donated Mandrake packages available for Pan before I do.
Although, if cooker gets updated this quick the future it may not make a
difference.

--
John LeMay
Senior Enterprise Consultant