pan-users

[Pan-users] selecting/opening groups in the Groups tab/pane

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Subject: [Pan-users] selecting/opening groups in the Groups tab/pane
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 11:06:37 -0600

since the conversion to GTK2; the Groups tab no longer behaves as it did
with GTK1.

one now requires three clicks to open a group (one to select, then a
double-click to open); rather than just a double-click, as it was before.

I initially assumed this was a property of the widget; but the headers
tab doesn't behave the same way. in the headers tab, one can open any
message (whether or not its selected) by double-clicking on it. selection
goes to that item in the list, and opening happens, in one action (the
simple double-click).

in the groups tab tho; if one tries to open a group in the same way, you
only end up selecting that group, requiring you to double-click again.
the change in behavior is annoying. :)

should I open a bugzilla ticket against this?

Carl.
--
Systems Administrator
Real-Time Enterprises