pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] selecting/opening groups in the Groups tab/pane

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] selecting/opening groups in the Groups tab/pane
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 10:52:38 -0700

On Sat 23 Nov 2002 10:06, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom posted as excerpted below:
> since the conversion to GTK2; the Groups tab no longer behaves as it did
> with GTK1.
>
> one now requires three clicks to open a group (one to select, then a
> double-click to open); rather than just a double-click, as it was before.

Funny.  Here, single click opens, just as I'd expect.  If a group is active,
however, in tabbed view, and I go to reload the same group, then it is as you
describe, clicking the tab puts the focus there, then a single click puts the
focus back on the group list, and a double click opens it.

As for the widget possibility, that's still possible.  I don't remember
whether they've switched the group list to the new widget or not, but I know
the thread list is still using an old widget that I get the impression from
the devel list comments is supposed to be being depreciated.  The problem is
that the new widget simply doesn't have the performance necessary, yet, for
session.  (There may be similar numbers of groups, on a good server, but that
list has to be loaded far less frequently, so performance wouldn't be quite
the same big issue.  However, like I said, I don't remember whether it's been
converted or not.  If so, it's a pretty recent development.)

I'm sure Charles will have the details I can't recall. when he posts.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin